Pages

Monday 18 October 2010

Live And Let Live

“Tears on my pillow, pain in my heart, you on my mind” words from a famous song that comes to my mind when I think about Aunt Lucy. I lost her to cancer yesterday and it’s been an utterly painful experience. Death is such a cold arm and brings us closer to the realisation that one day our souls will leave our bodies. Crying helps with grieving by physically taking the stress and strain away from our hearts, even if it’s momentarily. I am also making plans to take part in the funeral so I can pay my respects properly and say goodbye to a wonderful woman who embraced me with so much love. Overall the last few months have been very hard for me in a number of ways and with the sun less and less present, my depression is elevated.

Today’s blog will be quite short as I am overwhelmed with a number of issues at the moment but it’s been a great start to university and year 2 for me is no joke. It not only counts to the final degree classification but the subject material is a lot more intense and in a lot of ways more edifying that the basics of last year. I am not a big fan of group work but I am pulling out all the stops in hope for a successful year. Everyone is fantastically anxious to do their best and I can sense it in the attitude of most of the second years. For the most part there’s less chatting and giggling in the lectures and there is nowhere to hide from the ever present name register. As they say, the only way out, is in.....

I managed to get a glimpse of Mr. Depp as well which was an awesome honour. He is well loved and admired by thousands of people and recently I have confirmed that he is in the top 5 most talented male actors to be found. I watched interviews with him and his humility cannot be understated, such class, charisma and influence but not a single breath of presumption; even though he’s one of the best to ever do it.

Further on, the news, strikes and budget cuts are simply dismal; not that the new tuition fee will affect me, I am already an international student, but I cannot bear the fact that we are on high alert for a terrorist attack. Where I come from news of this kind is nonexistent, maybe because we live in a constant state of emergency there anyway (hehehe). But there are no bombs or mass destruction weapons there though and the kind terrorists prefer to pay attention to large number of people in frequently trafficked areas. But to be honest, whats the point? Why cant we all live in peace and get along? The frightening scenario with hundreds of lives wrecked due to pointless feuding is not what we need in 2010.

In light of all these issues, be prepared to live life to the fullest if you haven’t started to, pressure busts pipes or makes diamonds, you decide. Again, welcome to all the Fresher’s of 2010, hope you all are sober enough to make classes after all the partying!!!

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment