Pages

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Tears and Bugspray

I welcome you back to my blog and back to my journey. I am still undergoing recovery from the mental and physical scars that I am left with post operation. At the time my brain could hardly use 2 cells to put the word “surgery” together and I cried my heart out at the thought of being in a lonely disinfectant-smelling hospital with cold metal objects poking my flesh. Ok......... so I am being a bit dramatic because everyone knows you don’t actually see or feel the prodding; but a stormy cloud of wet mascara and eyeliner was evident on my face in the consultation room. What’s worse, there is no mummy here to make me chicken’s foot soup on demand and I have had to be a really grown up girl about things :(:(:(. Please don’t laugh at my weird gastronomic choice; I assure you I will eat most things that has a pulse and that includes porcupine fish, iguana, goats testicles.... the lot.

I entered the hospital a nervous bawling wreck again the following Friday but the doctors and nurses made me feel like a princess and took really good care of me. So much so that I wrote the NHS to let them know I appreciated their services; I would have felt really guilty not doing so even if thoughts of death ran across my mind seconds before I went totally blank. It confirms that I am indeed such a sweetheart!!! It’s also a simple reminder that people should find the time to say nice things, ,no matter how small.

I was woozy and drunk after the procedure which was quite pleasurable; my bed never felt so soft and I faded into myself and absolutely loved it!! I was given the necessary time off from my job by my very kind manager and the support I got from my other colleagues brought tears of gratitude to my face. One morning I took about 20 minutes wobbling from my bedroom to get the chime at the door when I saw the most beautiful yellow rose and lily bouquet sent to me from the team. The pain left me at the sight of them and I willed my muscles to make the small trek to the vase where I showered them with lovely filtered water. Someone read my mind and knew I love flowers.....

The new week has started and I’ve got a hearty welcome back to work, to be honest it was dreadfully boring at home, the walls started to talk and the PS3 basically did a “dutty wine” (look it up) on the couch a couple days before. I realized that I really wanted to get out the house. On my second work day it was lovely to see the eager faces of members new the clearing 2010 team. So innocent and cute, let’s see how they work under the scary impending pressure of Main Clearing!!!
On another note, the British summer is the shortest and wettest I have seen in my life, I am already considering donning a coat and will have to fold away the daisy dukes and tuck my sandals in the hidden corner of the wardrobe where they will rot waiting for sun.

All in all life is a big camp out; either you have the bug spray or you don’t. Again, big up fluffykins my follower, see you soooooooonnnnnnn.

From Momo, with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment