Pages

Friday 23 July 2010

Debut Momo

This has got to be my 100th attempt at writing my debut blog! I have typed and deleted. I have handwritten and thrown away. I have even attempted to eat an entire box of Cheerios, in hopes that a sugar rush will give me a “eureka”

moment. I never did get that eureka moment, but the sugar rush was awesome :o) Anyhooz, I hope you enjoy my first ever blog entry!

I guess introductions are in order. I hail from the vibrant Caribbean island of Jamaica and have just completed my first year in BA H Tourism Management.

Looking back on this academic year, I can safely say that it has been absolutely amazing in so many aspects, and also very difficult in others. My first trip out to Greenwich was one I will never forget. The day was raining, as it had been everyday that week. I remember walking through the West Gate on campus and stopping dead in my tracks. The campus was breathtaking. At that precise moment I forgot it was pouring down in rain and I was freezing; I forgot that just a few seconds ago I was ready to pack my bags and return home to the fabulous weather in Jamaica and my family. I knew I would be able to make it. I was going to achieve my dreams of obtaining a degree, and not just any degree. I will be getting a First Class with Honours classification too!!

**fingers crossed**

I recently received my final coursework and exam results, and I must admit I am really pleased with myself. All those painfully late nights of doing research and going over notes paid off big time!! Yaay me!!

Apart from all the academic bits and bobs, I also work for the University. At this precise moment, I am working as part of the Uni’s Clearing team... so if you call us be extra nice :o) I am quite a social butterfly, like any student.... but with that I will leave you in suspense and save that topic for my next blog entry.

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment